Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Interview

Reporter - Good morning King Wu, thank you for coming to this interview. shall we get started?

King Wu - Certainly, ask me any questions you have for me.

Reporter - When your father King Wen died his wish was to defeat the Shang Dynasty, how did you accomplish that wish?

King Wu - Well, I called the surrounding dukes at Meng Jin for a meeting and a huge amount of dukes came to the meeting. We noticed that the Shang Dynasty was in  a bad spot, so I attacked them with a surprise and many neighboring dukes had joined. When i heard that King Di Xin set his palace on fire and burned himself to death I knew that I was victorious. I was so proud of myself because I had made my dads dream come true.

Reporter - Wow that's amazing. How did your dynasty's inventions help you defeat the Shang Dynasty?     

King Wu - Our dynasty had invented many things, one of the most important inventions was the crossbow. The crossbow gave us an advantage because the Shang Dynasty had to use the bow arrows which took more time to reload and was harder to aim. The crossbow had a very quick reload and had amazing accuracy.
Reporter - Interesting, do you think these inventions helped the length time of your dynasty?

King Wu - Our inventions definitely helped our dynasty last longer. It wasn't just the inventions, I think our government made the Zhou dynasty last a lot longer because of our physical and mental skills. We started to massively expand our land and our power when we had moved to the Eastern Zhou dynasty. That was when our government was at there best. So our government was a huge factor of the Zhou dynasty lasting over 800 years. 

Reporter - Thank you for your time King Wu, have a good evening.

King Wu - It was a pleasure to be hear young man, goodbye.














No comments:

Post a Comment